Tuesday 30 December 2008

telefonica probs

We lost internet access on 14 Dec, our modem router supplied by Telefonica stopped working possibly during an unexpected lightning storm... 5 phone calls and 10 days later there was still no response so I bought a new router myself, I was still unable to access the internet so another four phone calls and a final one suggesting I would be seeking compensation if lost my job as a result of their non response and miraculously access was restored 30 mins later.

I don't understand why a friend near here had a replacement modem mailed out to him fairly promptly after the same storm and another friend reports giving up on Telephonica and going for a mobile BB solution as they ignored their similar problem for three months. Telephonica's support service seems variable to say the least. Next step is to claim compensation for no service and to try and extract a new modem from them or recoup the cost of the one I had to buy...then try and find a better service provider.

No comments: