Monday 12 January 2009

new school

Boys tried Valdovino school today, not too easy getting them ready on time but we arrived only a few mins late and they walked in with minimal resistance but little enthusiasm. They are both immersing them selves in being characters from Father Ted just now ..ye thanks loads for the DVDs Kate :-) Callum settled into an armchair in the admin office in his best father Jack sitting shape and out came "Drink.....girls .....I want cake.." I stopped him just in time on "Fe..." He was not very loud fortunately....I managed not to giggle too so well done me. I did the regulatory 'moito papeles' (much papers) and tried some good humoured banter in my best meczla accent - I think I speak in a mixed gallego/castillian/fast show kind of language. It must be like listening to a Yorkshire, Geordie, Scot with hints of Cornish, Home counties and Queens best thrown in. Anyway while I was doing that Jenny was cajoling them into the classrooms and then spent the day with them. It wasn't perfect but no one ran away or had tantrums and once they get used the the ammount of pupils we are hopeful they will settle in. There is a cracking view from the school and far more resources and staff that speak English and have some experience of dealing with children from outside Spain...fingers crossed.

No comments: