Wednesday 12 August 2009

Telefonica troubles

At last my ear infection is on the mend, I can hear well enough to use Skype and the phone actually it is a good job I have been deaf we received a letter from telefonica a while back ignored it recieved another one and a phone call urging us to return it and after some advice we selected the option "deseo realizar las llamadas locales y a numeracion de red intelegente con telefonica" that to me and google translate means "I wish to make local calls and network numbering intelegente with telefonica" Our next bill for one month soared to almost 300 euros, we usually have international calls to the UK for free via TalkTalk... well for 15 euros flat rate a month. I guess whatever it is talktalk do counts as "numeracion de red intelegente" We are now talking to talktalk and intend moving to their full package ADSL + calls leaving only the line in telefonica's hands and if I could move that to another provider I would do it ASAP too.

1 comment:

Renovation in Galicia said...

Be careful removing your adsl from telephonica, they still own the line. Our experence was that on moving to Jazztell we found that we were down to .5 of our 3megabite,we couldn't even send a photo, we had the jazztell enginers out and they found that our adsl was being diverted halfway around the world, not their fault, that's just the way that telephonica operate. In the end we had to go back to telephonica which took weeks