Thursday 18 September 2008

4 hen names, school and my job.

I forgot to mention the names of our two new hens - Ginger and Flappy, they joined Kate and Poppy a week or so ago and settled in fine unlike El Pájaro De la Nieve who is a feisty girl rather like a yorkshire terrier she will take on anything. She almost escaped today - I had to do a bit more wing clipping and got pecked in the process but now she can only do a floppy spiral so I don't think she will get out of her pen again.

We managed to get to the local school - cosy with a total of 7 pupils, rather warm inside but very friendly staff and the children seemed nice too. Rowan liked it but Callum is adamant he is not going to go. We have to go to the Junta de Galicia in Ferrol to register before they can start and the English speaking person is only there on a Tuesday so the boys have a few days holiday to go yet.

I work running a degree programme at Anglia University and our students start back on Monday - I am really looking forward to it, the last few weeks have been filled with planning and resource making which is ok but I much prefer the working with students bit..its a totally online work focused, inquiry based approach so I spend my days in online community spaces facilitating a great bunch of students on theirjurney towards self improvement. My cohort are one semester away from graduating..exciting times.

No comments: