Sunday 26 October 2008

praia Os Botes and club nautico


The boys much prefer to go barefoot these days, here they are walking down the road from Lisa's casa yesterday. Lisa's husband managed to spike my coffee with some clear innocent looking drink from Portugal, after two coffees I could hardly walk, after a third I could no longer work out what they were saying so we beat a hastyish retreat and I planted a wobbly hedge down the side of our garden and can't remember what else happened.

We headed out to Os Botes near Valdovino today...the sea was wonderful although a bit dangerous on the small beach at high tide....

so we went for a walk along the coast and played in the dunes.

Jose, Violeta and Alexandro arrived not long after we got home and not long before sunset but wanted to go kayaking at club nautico. By the time we got there it was getting very colourful and we had time for a half hour paddle. It was getting chilly by the time we got out the boys were just starting to feel the cold as we landed and Violetta was waiting on shore with Jenny and fed us with lots of chocolate. It is so easy to let time go by and not go out in the evenings but so worth doing. We are going to Jose and Vio's house for Samhain / hallowe'en. I think Vio said she was going to be a witch and make a witche's brew- they take the Celtic celebrations very seriously here as far as we can gather. We have a big marrow and some butternut squashes but no pumpkins or turnips as yet...ah well we will have lanterns of some sort. Weather is still very hot during the day - the thermometer says 18 but it feels like 26 or more in the sun..almost too hot for me but Jenny is loving it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"clear innocent looking drink from Portugal" - not wishing to stereotype myself but can you source me a barrel of this please?

StephenP..:^)

Ian said...

I think that could be arranged, it might involve you having to visit us and possibly do a lot of testing. I will start a training program now although it might take me a few years to raise my self to your standard of resilience.