Wednesday 19 November 2008

Strangely empty

What a wonderful job I have, two new undergraduate degree pathways in development, a new Masters pathway being worked on; all embracing the Ultraversity approach to work based learning, a rebuild and revalidation of our current BA LTR pathway our innovations are being recognised by the University and Mark and myself aiming to develop a media rich academic peer reviewed journal publishing project that will enable both undergraduate/recent graduates and more experienced academics to use creative technologies to disseminate their learning. Stepping beyond the usual constraints of MS Word and text rich media starved papers releasing the creative voice through a fusion of rich expression is something long overdue in academic circles. All sorts of exciting developments underway, the team I work with is stunning I don't have words enough to express my admiration for them and some icing on this cake today we got our shiny new MacBooks clean, crisp and wonderful machines...but still I hanker for my home and my family, the hens, Wildmite and the smell of eucalyptus and there is an emptiness in my soul I am not used to feeling when I am away. I should right now be out at the Atlantic having a meal with my colleagues and Maureen and her husband who I have not seen for a long time. Maureen is very special and was a PA to everyone at the Ultralab; organising us and nurturing us with efficiency I have not met before or since but I just can't face an evening out..sorry M...some days are good some not so good.

No comments: