Tuesday 18 November 2008

Thoughts from the UK

Back in the UK again following a great flight out we went near enough to see our house and Graham and Liz's then headed over the Picos de Europa that were looking lovely with a capping of snow...we must take a treck over there soon. Landed in Stansted in the dark, grey and raining, missed my buss by about 5 seconds and had to wait an hour for the next one. The keys to my room did not fit my room and I was greeted by a used bar of soap and a nice little shower hat. We managed to heat the kitchen by turing the cooker rings on and my room heater worked some of the time - not much has changed in student accomodation since i was a student in the 70s it seems. The smell of takeaways was overwhelming in Chelmsford - they don't do them in Galicia really well not international ones, I had a Chinese take away and eat it with a teaspoon oh what fun.

I am lucky to have a great set of colleagues and really looking forward to getting down to some creative meetings later today but to be honest I would far rather be in Galicia, there are so many people here every whre feels crowded...and I am missing my family so so much :-(

No comments: